- WhatsApp Communities: How to Access Your Camera after the Update? WhatsApp is well known for its constant stream of minor updates that make a major change in the user experience. The most recent update of the Communities feature (in the beta version) introduced a new button allowing to create a new Community in one tap. But where is now the camera button that used to be where there’s “Create a Community” icon?
Well, this quick access option may be useful for very communicable people or for those who admins communities professionally. But how do you take a photo in WhatsApp without any third-party apps? Is there still a way after the... Continue reading
- Instagram Native Scheduling Tools a Step Closer If you use Instagram as a marketing tool, scheduling your posts is necessary. But do you need external tools (at least a calendar) for it, or can you do it within the app itself? The recent finding by a researcher Alessandro Paluzzi confirms the latter. Soon, Instagram may have Scheduling as a part of its Advanced Settings.
This idea may seem already familiar to you if you have been using Facebook Creator Studio. This marketing and creating tool had the ability to schedule posts on Instagram no later than in 2019, and Stories since 2020. Yet this is a new level... Continue reading
- PUBG Attracts Many New Players When It’s Free-to-Play Free products are more popular than paid, and the recent report by Krafton, the publisher of the iconic Battle Royale game, corroborates this. After the game went free-to-play early in 2022, it has experienced a massive influx of players and growth of revenue. And it managed to transform without offending the existing base of players who have paid for it.
Until recently, PUBG remained one of the rare paid Battle Royale games, while its rivals like Fortnite went FTP from the beginning and relied on cosmetic items sales instead. Now, as PUBG followed suit, it benefitted from it quite seriously. Since... Continue reading
- Meta Offers Helpful Guide for Businesses Meta is trying to make its platforms suitable for marketers as much as possible. They are already losing to TikTok, which is considered to be one of the most popular platforms for ad campaigns. Thus, Meta provides more instructions hoping to attract marketers to the social network.
According to the official statistics, the most engaging way to get to your audience is through video. The most watched format is short videos. Marketers prefer to use such videos to inform clients about new products or services. They can easily connect to the new users who were caught watching their ads.
Videos require not... Continue reading
- Playstation Games May Have Ads More recently, there was news that Microsoft is going to add advertising to its game content, as Sony is now going to do it. According to the Insider news outlet, it could happen as early as this year. True, advertising will appear only in free games for the Japanese platform. With this monetization, Sony wants to motivate developers to create free content. At the same time, it has not yet been decided whether the company will keep part of the income for itself.
Insider notes that the ads will be sold through a private marketplace and will fit into the context... Continue reading
- Snapchat Improves Parental Control Snapchat finally introduces the recently announced parental control features. Now the social media platform doesn’t allow adults to add teenage users to their lists of friends if they haven’t met in real life. But what are the reasons for this change?
After the update, adults can’t add teenagers ages 13-17 years old to their lists of friends via the Quick Add section to ensure that adults don’t try to connect with teenagers they don’t really know. The reason for the update is not a secret too. Snapchat says that the change is called to fight drug dealers who use Snapchat... Continue reading
- Action Mobile Games Revenue Growth Jumps The recent mobile gaming industry report by Sensor Tower indicates an almost 70% surge in action mobile games player spending over 2021. Total spendings in action mobile games during 2021 reached more than $966 million. The most popular sub-genre was “Open World Adventure,” and it grossed over $418 million in player spending. It means that the spending grew over 3,5 times higher than they were in 2020. Such a surge is due to the release of Genshin Impact and the emergence of similar new titles by popular developers.
The growth of the action genre on mobile looks even more impressive... Continue reading
- They All Leave Xbox Game Pass! The time has come to take stock of January as it was a great month for all Xbox Game Pass subscribers. Microsoft was very generous when adding Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, Outer Worlds, and Spelunky 2 to the list. Nine more big titles are coming to Game Pass on January 31, but 4 titles are also leaving the platform the same day.
The list of January leavers includes:
Nowhere Prophet – a roguelike game with deck-building mechanics by Sharkbomb Studios;
Cyber Shadow – a classic side-scrolling platformer shooter with 8-bit style graphics by Mechanical Head Studios;
Xeno Crisis – a retro-styled isometric arena shooter by Bitmap... Continue reading
- How to Choose the Best Devices to Use with Google Home Google Home is slowly making its way into millions of houses and apartments. It’s so seductive to control your lights, vents, curtains, vacuums, and whatever with voice commands, with just one device to rule them all. It may be your phone or a specialized home speaker, or a dedicated tablet. But, well, if you have an Android phone, you can control your smart devices from it. The problem is how to choose the best devices for Google Home integration.
Best in the Nest
Compatibility is the key. Though all the certified devices are supposed to be compatible with Google Home, things get... Continue reading
- Roblox Patch Notes: Fixes, Updates and New Features It was just patched Roblox for the first time in a while. There are many changes, fixes, and new features, so let's go over the highlights.
Was added a ton of new games and features to the Crafting section of the Catalog. You can now find hundreds of new games and features to play with. Check out the latest Mini Golf game. It's enjoyable.
There's also a bunch of new games in the Destructibles section of the Catalog. You can now break barrels, signs, and more.
Many fixes were made to existing games, including fixing the bug where you could get stuck in... Continue reading