- Scheduled Launch of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Pushed to 2024 Three months ago, Paradox Interactive surprisingly divulged that Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 would make a comeback and be exhibited again in September. This was exciting news, given the previous update on the project was a delay to 2022, and an unexplained swap in developer studio. Thankfully, the publisher made good on its promise and delivered more this time.
Paradox Interactive has presented more than just a new Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 trailer. They've revealed that The Chinese Room, renowned creators of Dear Esther, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, and currently working on... Continue reading
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Introduces Enhanced Challenges in Comprehensive Update Warhammer 40,000: Darktide is slated to roll out its class overhaul and Xbox Series version in October, and concurrently introduces tougher Nurgle hordes.
In our conversation with Mats Andersson, the lead combat designer, we queried if the additional customizability in character choice and associated higher character builds would equate to stronger in-game antagonists.
"The Tide series, Darktide included, truly excels when faced with a higher difficulty level," commented Andersson. "The office mantra is 'die horribly screaming together'. As we were designing the builds and talent tree, we've not only balanced but also increased enemy strength and health pools, and made alterations to... Continue reading
- Final Fantasy XVI Developer Expresses Desire for a Single Universal Gaming Console Naoki Yoshida, producer of Final Fantasy XVI, recently expressed his opinion that having a single console would be beneficial for the gaming industry. According to an IGN-translated interview, Yoshida wishes for there to be "only one console", which he believes would improve things for both consumers and game developers. Currently, there are three main consoles, excluding PCs. Having only one console, however, would eliminate issues such as exclusivity debates and console tribalism. Additionally, a single console would solve the technical problems faced during the development of new games for less powerful consoles like the Xbox Series S, by providing a... Continue reading
- Xbox to Amplify Investment in Tango Gameworks, Expresses Satisfaction The video game Hi-Fi Rush unexpectedly made a splash in the gaming world, receiving positive reviews and attracting an impressive number of players. Now, seven months after its release, it's clear that Hi-Fi Rush has been a major success for Xbox. It's been disclosed that the game has amassed over three million players since launching, a fact that has reportedly pleased Microsoft greatly.
These insights were shared by journalist Jeff Grubb on his podcast, where he stated that Microsoft is highly satisfied with Tango Gameworks' performance to date, predicting a bright future for the studio. Microsoft also reportedly plans to increase... Continue reading
- Baldur's Gate 3 Readies for Debut with Final Technical Information The much-anticipated game Baldur’s Gate 3 is now only a breath away as it prepares to make its 1.0 debut on the computer platform. The wait has been long, with the previous edition of the game, Baldur's Gate 2, having made its debut back in 2001! Fans are bristling with anticipation, and developer Larian Studios didn’t disappoint, sharing crucial technical information with the community right before the launch.
The most notable technical information involves the AMD FSR 2. While expectations were high that the AMD FSR 2 would be available at launch, Larian Studios made it crystal clear that it won’t... Continue reading
- Google Removes AI Test Kitchen App from Mobile Stores to Focus on Web Google has decided to retire its AI Test Kitchen application from both the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store, intending to concentrate exclusively on its web platform. Introduced to the public last year, the AI Test Kitchen application served as an experimental platform where users could interact with various AI-powered projects. Renowned AI models, such as LaMDA 2, were some of the key players that powered these engaging and educational experiments.
The AI Test Kitchen was initially launched with a series of experiments to test artificial intelligence's capabilities and potential. Among these initial experiments was the task of breaking... Continue reading
- Elden Ring: An Enigmatic Possibility for Microsoft's Game Pass Offering In an unexpected turn of events, software giant Microsoft has fueled the speculation fire about the popular game title Elden Ring, potentially launching on its Xbox Game Pass. The speculation comes in the wake of a cryptic tweet that Microsoft's official Game-Pass-profile on Twitter posted recently, which hinted at the FromSoftware-developed game making its way to the Game Pass lineup soon.
Microsoft has been investing heavily in expanding its Game Pass library, adding high-quality games from diverse genres to cater to its broad user base. The potential inclusion of Elden Ring, a high-fantasy action RPG developed by FromSoftware and published by... Continue reading
- Valve Reschedules Future Counter-Strike 2 Majors Valve Corporation, the powerhouse behind the popular online multiplayer game Counter-Strike 2, has decided to change the schedule of future major tournaments significantly.
Valve has confirmed that the initial Counter-Strike 2 Major will take place in Copenhagen, Denmark, in March 2024. However, changes are expected in the scheduling of future Majors after this event. As pointed out by HLTV, Valve is adjusting Majors to occur in the middle and end of a competitive season. Specifically, in 2025, a Major is anticipated between June 9-22 and December 1-14, while in 2026, the Majors are slated for June 8-21 and November 30- December... Continue reading
- Viewfinder: A Unique Photography-Themed Game Set for 2023 Release The unique gaming landscape saw a captivating unveiling at the Game Awards 2022 with the revelation of Viewfinder’s trailer. A pioneer in its concept, Viewfinder leverages photography to expand the game world, living up to its title. This mind-boggling feature that beautifully amalgamates photography into gameplay maximizes curiosity and anticipation toward its release.
For a game titled 'Viewfinder,' it is fitting that photography sits at the heart of gameplay dynamics. Players have the liberty to capture images and then add them to their gaming universe. This innovative feature that blends reality with virtual environments offers a truly immersive experience that is... Continue reading
- Genshin Impact 4.0 Update: Three New Characters Revealed The popular game Genshin Impact has stirred up excitement among its massive fanbase with the official announcement of its upcoming 4.0 update on Twitter. This much-anticipated update will notably introduce three new characters - Lyney, Lynette, and Freminet- reaffirming the perpetual commitment of the creators to keep their gaming community engaged with refreshing moves.
At the center of this buzz is the unveiling of characters Lyney and Lynette, a sibling duo whose anticipated arrival into the Genshin Impact world has been fueling speculation since their first appearance in a story teaser back in 2020. This official revelation confirms previous rumors that... Continue reading
- The Unique Adventure Game, Stray, is Set to Debut on Xbox One and Series In August Video gaming enthusiasts and cat admirers alike are set to encounter a unique gaming experience soon. Annapurna Interactive, known for its innovative and engaging games, is ready to release the distinctive title, Stray, unveiled to be available on Xbox One and Xbox Series this August, to the delight of many gaming fans and followers.
Promising an immersive world and unique perspective, Stray is no ordinary action-adventure video game. You play as a stray cat lost in a dystopian city inhabited solely by robots. Aimed at showcasing the often unseen life of these endearing animals, the game offers an unusual premise that... Continue reading
- Amazon Excites Gamers with Free July Titles for Prime Gaming Amazon has demonstrated its continued commitment to providing quality video gaming content to its subscribers by announcing free Prime Gaming titles for the month of July. In an update sure to spark enthusiasm among gaming enthusiasts worldwide, the online retail giant has announced the provision of seven brand-new games for players to enjoy at no extra cost, bolstering its existing free title portfolio.
Amazon included games like Prey (2017), Baldur’s Gate 2, Shovel Knight: Showdown, and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed in the first July batch of Prime gaming. The spectrum of genres is truly broad to satiate the taste of... Continue reading